*tenders apologies* I am really sorry for staying away this long. It is not my usual habit. As you guys might know I am in school, and I had to stay off everywhere to concentrate on finals. Long story short it was worth it, really worth it.
Fast forward to last week. I had this craving for salmon and I got it quickly before they got sold out for the day. Had to make dinner for three mouths… What do I make with Salmon? Big question had me like.
Sweet Potatoes! Bacon! Sriracha/Hot Sauce and I decided to make a potato hash with every other thing I could lay my hands on, perfect blend of sweet, spicy and fishy. Not bad huh?
Swag (Important part of the recipe).
It took me 50 minutes from scratch to finish including time spent catching up on two weeks worth of instagram posts and talking and plating and taking photos.
- Blend Habanero peppers, a table spoon of oil, seasoning cubes and sriracha sauce and marinate salmon in it.
- Heat up the oven to 400 F and put salmon in for 12-15 minutes.
- Cut up bell peppers, bacon into small bits and dice sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Heat up some oil and fry the cut up potatoes for about five minutes on high heat till they are crispy on the outside and set aside.
- Cook bacon also on medium heat till it is almost crispy.
- In same pan with the grease from the bacon, toss in the vegetables and toss in the fried sweet potato cubes and put on low heat to simmer.
- No, I did not forget the salmon. By now depending on how fast you were with steps 3-6 Salmon is either burnt or perfectly cooked.
- Serve potato hash and salmon as seen below with some sriracha sauce on the side, so you can be like me.
- Step back and take a photo (its just table manners, snap before you eat)