Sometimes you decide to be extra healthy and buy a ton of fruits. Sometimes, you buy too many bananas. But don’t be sad when they turn brown and soggy..
When life throws you soggy bananas, make a Moist Nutty Banana Bread. – Socrates 380 BC
Monday, I sat at work thinking of the bananas and dashed to the store to buy a loaf pan, my first ever one. Excited.
To make this you’ll need:
2 Overripe Bananas
2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Plain Butter (not salted)
1 Tsp of Salt
2 Tsps Baking Powder
A pinch of Nutmeg
1.5 Tsps of Cinnamon
1 Tspn Vanilla extract
1 cup of Crushed Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 325F. (Nothing more).
- Get three bowls one for the wet items one for the dry and one to mash the bananas.
- Mash bananas in one bowl. In another, add butter and brown sugar and beat till its creamy. (My mum used to smack my hand at this point, cause this mix was tempting).
- When it forms a cream, add eggs, vanilla and continue beating. Then add in the mashed bananas and mix.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt. Mix together.
- Now slowly add the flour to the wet mix along with the pecans, it will toughen. That’s fine.
- In a greased loaf pan, scoop the mix in, slam it on a table to make sure the dough is sitting well in the pan.
- Sprinkle some pecans on the top and put it in the oven for exactly 70 minutes. You can watch a movie during this time. Don’t open the oven during this time.
- After 70 minutes poke it with a toothpick, it should come out clean. Take it out and, Voila! Bread ready.
I tried this recipe twice. First time I used a hotter oven and it was a tad hard on the outside. These directions will help you get it perfect. Trust me!