I am back again… it’s looking like I might be a little more consistent. Y’all pray for me and send me cold Malt to encourage me. Bless up.
The other day I was in the store and I remembered the “chinese noodles” served at wedding parties in Lagos. Okay real quick, do you guys realize they serve you fizzy/soft drinks first at parties before anything? THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE FILLING YOU UP SO YOU WON’T FINISH THEIR FOOD! Do not fall for it next time! Alright back to the topic.
This dish was a really really quick one, it was so quick, my battery only went down 4% while I made it. I decided to use this magic potion chili paste called “Sambal Oelek” for it, but you can blend peppers, garlic and ginger to make your own chili paste.
Sambal Oelek (or chili paste)
- Cut up your chicken thighs into bits and season with salt and pepper. Let this sit while you prep everything else.
- Cut up your vegetables and arrange them and take a photo just because you can.
- In a pan heat up one cooking spoon of oil, add 3 Tbsp Sambal or chili paste, throw in your chicken and pan fry for 7 minutes or till your ancestors say “it is done”.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, break and soak your vermicelli in it for 4 minutes. See it’s so easy you don’t even have to cook it, just soak it.
- While the pan with the chicken is still going, add in all your veggies, 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce and your vermicelli and toss properly.